Why Choose Organic Feast?
Why Choose Organic Feast?Share Links
"To bring life and vitality back to, our food, our minds, our bodies and our environment"
Organic Feast supports ethical food systems that promote nutrition, the health and well being of our community and our environment.
Organic Feast's Mission is to lead the way towards a healthy future by;
- Supporting ethical & organic producers with Fair Trade principles
- Providing our community with access to sustainably produced, wholesome foods, at fair prices, fair to both producer and consumer.
- Continuously seeking ways to contribute towards a healthy environment by integrating sustainable ,efficient methods of meeting our energy needs
- Re-use - Purposefully re-direct "waste" to become a resource for others
- Providing access to high quality Health Practitioners to help heal BODY & MIND
- Educate and empower our community to better health, diet and lifestyle
- To provide a safe, ethical and stimulating work environment for our staff
Organic Feast has been Certified Organic since 1998, and is still Newcastle's and the Hunter Valley's ONLY certified Organic store. There is no regulation of the word "Organic" in Australia, the word can be used by anyone, and on any product, this has lead to significant misuse and misrepresentation of the term Organic.
Certification means we are in a system that brings integrity and accountability , to our labelling, our storage methods, and most importantly our customers. For more information on Certification click here.
Something you can not buy. Organic Feast was established in 1997. We know our growers, we know who to trust, we know our seasons, we know how to store and handle our produce. We know what quality is, what good service is all about, and we know how to deliver.
Brent circa 1997 in Bulwer St Maitland
Organic Feast was established when Brent Fairns bought his favourite Organic store in Maitland from his friend Paul. Paul was a real pioneer of Organic food in the region, he started supplying Organic Food to Newcastle and the Hunter Valley in the 1980's, well before awareness and interest had evolved to todays levels.
Brent, along with Julia, another organic food Pioneer teamed together to take Organic Feast from a single staffed enterprise, to now employing over 50 people in our store , Inner Health Centre and cafe.
In the combined 27 years of supplying Organic Food to Newcastle and the Hunter region, Organic Feast, has developed a strong and diverse network of high quality & reputable suppliers.
Please don't just take our word for it, here are several CUSTOMER TESTIMONIALS.